Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Collier’s World Atlas and Gazetteer 1947

Collier’s World Atlas and Gazetteer. P.F Collier & Son Corporation. 1947. Lot of details on the 48 states and the world. This has been useful lately, as I have been reading some spy novels by Alan Furst and the geography escapes me. Note the map of Iran, Afghanistan, and Baluchistan. I know geography isn’t my strongest point, but I don’t think I had ever heard of Baluchistan. I just looked it up and apparently it was absorbed into Pakistan right around the time this was published.

2 comments:

  1. I am doing a research in Asia history, and I am interested in this book. Would you mind if you can contact me?
    My email is jingchenzhou@yahoo.com.
    I appreciate your help!

    Regards,
    Jingchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you still have the book? contact me @ victor8889@hotmail.com

    thanks

    ReplyDelete